10.29.2012

Halloween and Folk Art


Here in southern California it seems that the Day of the Dead celebration has influenced our Halloween style in many ways. For me, it is an opportunity to bring out my hand painted Mexican wood trays and toss in some of the traditional bits that I bring out when fall arrives. Here, a cooking pumpkin waits for me to bake it, surrounded by fall color. I love the way the black wood tray with painted design looks on my round wood table. It's got the kind of informality that is my best style.

Do you have any folk art, textiles, pottery or other cultural objects that you work into your holiday decor? It's so much fun to bring out these pieces and make them the focal point for a bright table, mantle or window treatment over the next few months.

1 comment:

Organized Island said...

Love the use of folk art. I have a bowl that would work really well. Great suggestion!