12.04.2012

Style Classic: Vintage Eyewear


I first realized that I needed to wear eye glasses when I couldn't see the thread I was using to hand sew a hem into my friends bridesmaid dress. That began a rather long journey through various drugstore 'cheaters' until I finally gave in and got prescription eye wear. Since then, I have been on the lookout for the most perfect pair of glasses.



I never thought of myself as the kind of girl who could 'pull off' vintage glasses. That's not to say I haven't seen some totally adorable looks. You know the kind: cute cat's eye, dorky nerd-girl, glam 50's. But none of those fit me, my face and my wardrobe. None, that is until I met this rose gold pair. In them I am a bit unique, and capture more than my share of compliments on my 'cute glasses'. I save these cuties for parties and lunch with the girls.

I am noticing the winds of change are blowing over eye wear lately. Have you seen the new looks that are showing up on faces and magazine pages? Some even have a vintage silhouette. I say, bring them on, we are long overdue for some fun-to-wear glasses that fit our way of living: looking at the computer screen, cell phone messaging and driving in traffic. If you find a cute pair out there, let me know!


I found these vintage eyeglasses at Old Focals in Old Town, Pasadena, CA. You can find them online HERE.

No comments: