1.02.2013

Emerald Green: Pantone color Trend



I want to start this year off right by Emerald's saturate blueish green tone appears in both vintage and country settings.  In these mood boards I have gathered together several images in emerald. Looking at them, it's easy to see that this is a strong color shift from our more neutral gray toned trends out there right now.



Where our recent greens have been in the leafy 'new' brights and citrus 1960's revival tones, the new emerald takes a vintage 1980's viewpoint. Will you be trying this color out? Perhaps it will work most easily into accents: painted chair or table legs, small wood boxes, vases and china, a gate or front door, big flower pots or in stripes and simple toile fabrics.

What do you think? Will this new tone fit into your world right now?

Emerald Green Moodboards:
TOP: front door at Monet's Giverny and a garden umbrella
BOTTOM: glazed tile (Laguna Beach), vintage green truck, Italian window, vintage Tiffany green glass box, craftsman era tile


2 comments:

Organized Island said...

That is a pretty shade of green! I think I will ty it in clothing first. Hope that your new year is off to a great start!

Jen O said...

You are right about about trying this shade of green with clothing. It's a color that 'fits' into my own home fairly easy, so if I see something small, I may try it out.